Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Fridge!

Our current refrigerator is not that old...at least I don't think so.  It looks new, at least newer than any of the others in the houses we have purchased.  But I guess looks can be deceiving because it's broken.  It is leaking inside--seemingly water from the freezer is trickling down into the refrigerator part and pooling on the bottom & shelves.  Anyway so we decided to forgo attempting to fix anything & purchase a new one...

Now the eternal question--Stainless Steel or something else???  We kind of already committed to sticking with white when we bought our new dishwasher about a year ago.  This is the dishwasher we bought back then.
It's a Bosch with hidden controls...

So we went looking and after looking at stores I decided I did in fact want to stick with the white & buy a white refrigerator.  I knew Samsung, LG, Kitchen Aid & GE were about the only companies that made the size I was looking for--We only have a 33" opening!  Well I've heard terrible things about Kitchen Aid appliances & reading the reviews on line I tend to believe them.  GE didn't have what I wanted.  So it was down to LG & Samsung.  I shopped with  an open mind at Best Buy & then came across exactly what I wanted there, in stock & on SALE!  Well on sale because it had a scratch--but it was minor & for an $800 discount I really did not care.  Plus it was already there so no waiting for order to come in.  Anyway this is the model we went with...

I love the Flex Drawer in the middle...I will be putting juice boxes, fruit, cut up veggies, string cheese & yogurts for my kids in there.  That will be their drawer & the rest will be mine--LOL!  Ice & water in the door was something else I really wanted for the kids.  It's pretty big for a 33" with 25.5 Cubic Feet & I love the freezer drawer with a pull out tray!  I'll post pics once it's installed!

No comments: