Thursday, October 6, 2011

My mid-century dresser

We were working on making our guest room into a room for my oldest daughter.  I had been looking on craigslist off and on for years & knew it was hard to find an upright mid-century dresser that would work for her.  But I knew that's what I wanted so I looked online for a couple weeks.  After coming up with nothing my little girl & I decided to pound the pavement & after looking in about 10 used/antique/thrift stores we found something that would work!  Here it is--it was $120.


I did a little sanding--the piece has laminate on it so it's NOT a sin to paint it & that's what we decided to do! We did glossy black body with glossy black drawers & an accent of turquoise (her color of choice at the moment).  I also decided to leave the original hardware & just paint the brass black.  Now she has an original piece & is thrilled...as much as a 6yr old can be about furniture. 

IHeart Organizing

No comments: