Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dining Room progress!

The Dining Room is the first room I painted when we moved in.  It was a dark red color & I just didn't like it at all.  


I got the *bright* idea to paint it orange.  Not bright orange but a dark orangish-red.  So I painted it "Tibetan Red" by Behr Ultra.

Here it is painted before we were even unpacked.  That's how much I hated the wine red color.

Here is my new hutch with the Orange wall behind it.





After about a year I was already tired of it.  I got really obsessed with painting my dining room a teal color.  This photo is what I fell in love with.  

We also decided to paint the space below the arch & above the rail white.  I REALLY hate those arches as they are obviously NOT original to the house & not done all that well.  My color choice was Peacock blue which in real life looks very similar to the picture above.  Not at all what this picture makes it look like.

Here is the actual color:


Here is the progress so far!  Sorry this is the only photo I have on hand right now.  We still need a new light fixture & I plan to repaint the buffet & replace the lamp with something else.  Maybe eventually even get a rug when the kids get older.  



No comments: