Monday, February 6, 2012

Let there be light!

We need light new light fixtures pretty much everywhere in the house.  So far we replaced one "boob" light in the kitchen nook & that's it so far.  Here is the new fixture--It's a Pendant from Room & Board--the price was $149.  My husband installed it so no cost there.


And here it is in the room after being installed.


Next on the agenda is to get fixtures for the other public spaces.  Namely the Dining Room, Foyer, Living Room & a sconce for the Stairway going upstairs.  After much debate I think we've found the line we plan on using.  I wasn't intent on them all "matching" by my husband is very adamant that they do.  Well at least that makes it easier.  Here are the fixtures that are at the top of our list.  Any thoughts or opinions on them?  They are kind of on the rustic side, maybe more than I would like but I like that they are slightly modern, dark metal & hopefully will not look super dated very quickly.  

For the Dining Room--$699.00

For the Foyer...$269.00


Sconce for the Stairway (with in view of the Foyer)...$99.00


And last here is the Living Room light...$549.00


In addition to these fixtures I'd also like recessed lighting installed in the Living Room for sure & possibly the Dining Room as well.  Total investment will be around $3K I believe.  Hopefully this project will get rolling fairly soon.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love them!